What is a Cornell ECE M.Eng. degree?
The School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cornell has TWO separate exciting Master of Engineering degree programs:
- A broad Master of Engineering Program in the Ithaca Campus that allows students to have a personalized, but rigorous course load with the freedom to pursue individual interests through interdisciplinary research in a wide variety of areas. Find admission requirements and how to apply to the Ithaca M.Eng. program.
- A Digital Technology focused Master of Engineering Program in the New York City Cornell Tech Campus which emphasizes entrepreneurship. Find details and how to apply to the Cornell Tech M.Eng. program.
What does an ECE M.Eng. student do?
Are you a confident, skilled problem solver that enjoys working in a competitive, collaborative environment? Do you see things differently and enjoy challenging conventional thought? Want to go far above the competition in just a year and earn a significantly higher starting salary than a B.S. degree alone? You belong at Cornell ECE.
At Cornell ECE, you can tackle endless real-world problems, driving the leading edge of existing and emerging technologies, research that pushes the very edge of new, applying theories to immediate problems.
Whether you want to work in power and energy, bioelectrical engineering, computer architecture, imaging, nanotechnology, photonics, neuroscience, computing, or just want to explore what’s out there for you to discover and have an impact on the world, an M.Eng. degree from Cornell ECE will empower you to reach your goals and your potential.
Earn all of this in just one year with an M.Eng. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Cornell University!
What will a Cornell ECE M.Eng. degree do for me?
- Gain access to some of the world’s finest faculty, pioneers and global leaders in their fields who are committed to supporting students and encourage independent thinking.
- Develop leadership skills in an environment where challenges demand collaborative teamwork, critical thinking, and effective communication.
- Be part of a vibrant, warm, and multicultural graduate community while you learn new, interesting, and useful things and gain the skills you need to tackle some of the world’s most important problems and improve the quality of life on our planet.
- Push the limits of imagination through your professional design project in an unparalleled variety of fields, a project that will help open doors to your future career.
- Enjoy easy access to faculty, warm friendships, a diverse community, and a culture of collaboration, inquiry, and inspiration from the vast opportunities available in our active and dynamic university environment.
- Benefit from having Cornell’s worldwide reputation, top rankings, and Ivy League prestige attached to your name. After graduation, you will belong to an expansive network of esteemed Cornell alumni, with alumni clubs, organizations such as Cornell Entrepreneur Network, and a wide array of programs and services offered to graduates.
- Command a higher starting salary than the national average for an ECE bachelor's degree. Payback on investment is relatively short, and financial benefits will compound throughout your career.