There are three types of available funding that we offered to applicants who receive admission offers. Each of them include a Full Tuition Fellowship, an Academic Year Stipend and a Student Health Insurance Package.
- Admission offers of a Fellowship are generally One (1) or Two (2) Semesters in duration.
- The Fellowship Stipend will be a slightly higher dollar amount for the first year only.
- While being supported on a Fellowship, you will have no formal obligations such as teaching of research for a specific group.
Graduate Research Assistantship (GRA)
- An admission offer of a GRA will come directly from a specific ECE Faculty Member who has expressed a specific interest in having the admitted student join their research group upon entering our PhD Program.
- Incoming GRAs are expected to begin focusing on research in the group of the ECE Faculty Member who has extended the offer or admission.
Teaching Assistantship (TA)
- An admission offer of a TA comes directly from ECE.
- Incoming TAs are expected to perform the required duties to support the course they will be assigned to which may include:
- Teaching Recitations
- Holding Office Hours
- Grading Exams and Homework Assignments
- Overseeing Lab Sections
- Specific TA duties are determined by the Course Instructor of the course they are assigned to.