Post-Graduation Activities and Resources
Cornell ECE graduates go on to careers in a wide rang of fields and enjoy high starting salaries, well above the national average! The information and resources below can help you on your search.
The Cornell Engineering Career Center is tailored to meet the needs of technical students. They will guide you in navigating the career exploration and development process to empower you to create lifelong career success. Check out their resources for exploring careers, searching for internships, co-ops and full-time jobs, preparing for interviews, evaluating and negotiating job offers, and more!
National Average Salaries for ECE Graduates
- Computer Engineering: $68,191
- Electrical Engineering: $66,920
- Average: 67,555
2017 Bachelor's Degree Cornell ECE Average Starting Salary: $90,253
2017 ECE B.S. Post Graduation Statistics
Data is self reported. Cornell Career Services surveys Cornell University degree recipients for six months following graduation.
- Starting Salary Range: $59,500 - $120,000
- Average: $90,253
- Median: $90,000
- Employed (includes self-employed): 43%
- Attending Graduate/Professional School Full-time: 53%
- Seeking Employment: 5%
2017 Employers of ECE B.S. Graduates
Accenture, Affiliated Engineers, Inc., Amazon, Applied Predictive Technologies, Deloitte Consulting, Green Hills Software, IBM, Intel Corporation, JPMorgan Chase & Co., Maidbot, Maxar Technologies, Orbital ATK, Qualcomm, Inc., Samsara,Tesla.
2017 Graduate Schools of ECE B.S. Graduates
Columbia University, Cornell University, Johns Hopkins University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Stanford University, University of California-Berkeley, University of California-Santa Barbara, University of Pittsburgh.
Post Graduate Survey and Reports
Cornell Career Services surveys Cornell University degree recipients for six months following graduation.
These surveys are compiled into a database and are currently available to anyone with a Cornell NetID. This database allows users to search survey results for information on positions, geographical location, employers, salaries, and much more. Those seeking data without a NetID should email their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers of Cornell ECE Undergraduates by Industry
- Computer Industry: Intel, Facebook, Apple, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM
- Networking & Telecom: Cisco Systems, Verizon, Cavium, Alcatel-Lucent, Qualcomm
- Data Analytics: Cataphora, Sentrana, Applied Predictive Technologies
- Financial Services: Goldman Sachs, BlackRock, JP Morgan, Capital One, Deutsche bank, Deloitte, UBS
- Aerospace, Defense & Information Security: Boeing, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, BAE Systems, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Automotive: General Motors, Toyota
- Manufacturing, Technology & Semiconductors: Altera, LG Electronics, General Electric, Garmin, Analog Devices, Nvidia
- Lighting: Luton Electronics
- Energy & Power: Con Edison, Southwest Power Pool
- Research & Development: Sandia National Labs, Draper Labs, Jet Propulsion Lab, MITRE, Semiconductor Research Corporation, USAF
- Health Care: Aradia Solutions, Siemens AG, Athena Health
- Media Services: Bloomberg, ESPN
- Law: Ropes & Gray