Five ECE faculty have received Google Faculty Research Awards. The program provides unrestricted gifts to support research at institutions around the world, recognizing and supporting world-class...Read more about Five ECE Faculty win Google Faculty Research Awards
I joined Cornell in August 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the school of Electrical and Computer Engineering, after spending two years as a postdoc at MIT. I obtained my Ph.D. from University of California, San Diego, and my B. Tech degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
I am interested in information theory, algorithmic statistics, and machine learning. In particular, I am interested in understanding the trade-offs between resources (e.g., data, memory, time, etc) for problems in statistical learning. During my graduate work, I worked on compression and statistical estimation, with particular emphasis on problems over large domains.Research Group Members
- 2016."Sample-optimal density estimation in nearly-linear time". .
- 2015."Optimal testing of properties of distributions." .
- 2015."The complexity of estimating Rényi entropy." .
- 2015."String reconstruction from substring compositions."29(3): 1340-1371. .
- 2014."Near-optimal-sample estimators for spherical gaussian mixtures." .
Selected Awards and Honors
- MIT Energy Initiative Fellowship(MIT)2014
- Shannon Graduate Fellowship(UCSD)2012
- Jack Keil Wolf Student Paper Award(ISIT)2010
- Btech.(Electronics and Communication Engineering),IIT Kharagpur,2007
- MS(Electrical and Computer Engineering),University of California, San Diego,2009
- Ph D(Electrical and Computer Engineering),University of California, San Diego,2014
Research Group Members
In the News
Human expectations from modern data science and machine learning systems are growing. We demand results: as fast as possible; using as little data as possible; in as little space as possible; with as...Read more about Today’s Data Science: Expectations and Constraints
Over the next five years, each researcher will receive up to $500,000 “to build a firm scientific footing for solving challenges and scaling new heights for the nation, as well as serve as academic...Read more about Six assistant professors win NSF early-career awards