Polina Alexeenko, Jonathan McCandless and Brian Rappaport, all Ph.D. students in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering have received fellowships as part of the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program. Read more about Three Ph.D. students receive NSF Graduate Fellowships
Eilyan Bitar is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Cornell University. Prior to joining Cornell in the Fall 2012, he was engaged as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the department of Computing + Mathematical Science (CMS) at the California Institute of Technology and at the University of California, Berkeley in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science during the 2011-12 academic year. A native Californian, he received both his Ph.D. (2011) and B.S. (2006) from the University of California, Berkeley.
Stochastic control, optimization, and game theory with applications to modern power and transportation systems.
- Complex Systems, Network Science and Computation
- Energy Systems
- Energy and the Environment
- Systems and Networking
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- Lin, W., & Bitar, E. (2018). Decentralized stochastic control of distributed energy resources. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 33(1), 888-900.
- Louca, R., & Bitar, E. (2018). Robust AC optimal power flow. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, to appear.
- Lin, W., & Bitar, E. (2018). A structural characterization of market power in electric power networks. IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, to appear.
- Muñoz-Álvarez, D., & Bitar, E. (2017). Financial storage rights in electric power networks. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 52(1), 1-23.
- Bitar, E., & Xu, Y. (2017). Deadline differentiated pricing of deferrable electric loads. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, 8(1), 13-25.
Selected Awards and Honors
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award(NSF)2014
- The David D. Croll Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow(Cornell University)2012
- John and Janet McMurtry Fellowship(University of California, Berkeley)2010
- John G. Maurer Fellowship(University of California, Berkeley)2008
- Robert F. Steidel Jr. Fellowship(University of California, Berkeley)2007
- B.S.University of California, Berkeley,2006
- Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley,2011
Research Group Members
In the News
Using soil to fight climate change, saving the Amazon with wind and solar energy, boosting wildlife conservation through bioacoustics – these innovative approaches are the result of a new competitive... Read more about New grant program funds novel conservation collaborations
ECE’s Eilyan Bitar has been promoted to the rank of Associate Professor following approval from the Cornell Engineering Board of Trustees, effective July 1, 2018. Read more about Eilyan Bitar promoted to Associate Professor