ECE Professor Vikram Krishnamurthy has recent new book entitled, “Dynamics of Engineered Artificial Membranes and Biosensors,” published by Cambridge University Press.Read more about Krishnamurthy publishes new book, “Dynamics of Engineered Artificial Membranes and Biosensors”
Dr. Krishnamurthy's current research interests include statistical signal processing, stochastic control & optimization with applications in social networks, radar systems and dynamics of protein molecules in biological ion channels. Dr. Krishnamurthy is the author of the 450 page book titled "Partially Observed Markov Decision Processes: Filtering to Controlled Sensing" published by Cambridge University Press in 2016.
Dr. Krishnamurthy was elected Fellow of IEEE in 2004. In 2009-2010, he served as Distinguished lecturer for the IEEE Signal Processing Society. From 2010-2012, he served as Editor in Chief of IEEE Journal Selected Topics in Signal Processing. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from the Royal Insitute of Technology (KTH) Sweden in 2014, Canada Research Chair (2002-2016).
Dr. Krishnamurthy has given plenary talks at several international conferences including International Conference on Information Fusion-2011, IEEE-Control and Decision Conference 2011, GameNets 2016. Dr. Krishnamurthy has graduated more than 20 PhD students; many of them hold leading positions in academia and industry.
- Systems and Networking
- Statistics and Machine Learning
- Complex Systems, Network Science and Computation
- Signal and Image Processing
- Information Theory and Communications
- 2017."Adaptive Search Algorithms for Discrete Stochastic Optimization: A Smooth Best-Response Approach."IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control62(1): 161-176. .
- 2016."Utility Change Point Detection in Online Social Media: A Revealed Preference Framework."IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing 1-1. .
- 2016."Filterbased stochastic volatility in continuous-time hidden Markov models."Econometrics and Statistics. .
- 2016."The Effect of Tethers on Artificial Cell Membranes: A Coarse-Grained Molecular Dynamics Study.."PLoS one11(10): e0162790-e0162790. .
- 2016."Information diffusion in social sensing."Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization6(3): 365-411. .
- B.S. University of Auckland
- Ph.D. Australian National University