Record a video, win an iPad
Engineering students can Win an iPad 3
Record a short video about your experiences at Cornell and be entered into a drawing for an Apple iPad 3 (WIFI 16G).
The college is creating an augmented reality tour for prospective students and their parents and we want them to know what current students think of Cornell Engineering. Record a brief (< 2 min.) Web-quality video of yourself addressing one of these topics, or one of your own.
- Student teams – Are you on one? What do you do? What do you get out of it?
- Interdisciplinary engineering – Have you worked on projects with other majors, within the college or across campus?
- Faculty as teachers – Did you know that Turing Award winner John Hopcroft teaches an undergraduate CS class?
- Studying at a university – What non-engineering classes have you taken? Are you minoring in business, language, music, etc.?
- Diversity, all kinds – What has Cornell’s cultural, geographic, social, intellectual, diversity meant to you?
- Extracurricular activities – How do you balance the academic life of an engineering student?
- Undergraduate research – How did you get involved? What type of research do you do? Have you attended conferences? How ‘in depth’ is your involvement?
- Co-operative education – What was your co-op experience like? What types of engineering jobs do co-op participants do? Are co-op positions paid?
- Entrepreneurship – Have you worked in a start-up company; what was it like?”
Submit your video by May 25, 2012. The winner of the iPad will be drawn from the best three video entries, as determined by a panel of judges from Marketing and Communications, Admissions and Student Services. This prize does not include any monthly access charges. The videos will be reviewed and the winner will be awarded at a Pizza Party on May 9, 2012 at noon. All participants are invited.
Rules and regulations:
- These must be original videos.
- Please provide a signed video release for all videos entered(you can pick up a special form at Marketing and Communications)
- Videos should be no longer than 2 minutes.
- Delivery to Marketing and Communications no later than 5:00 pm on May 4, 2012.
- The top 3 videos will be chosen by top admissions and marketing professionals, and based on quality, relevance, original content and creativity.
Remember that this is being used for an audience of potential student and their parents. Average age of 17. Please produce appropriate content.