Steven G. Adie
Dr. Adie joined Cornell University in 2013 after a postdoc at the Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. His postdoctoral research in optical coherence tomography (OCT) had a few main themes: computational image formation to optimize resolution in volumetric OCT, dynamic optical coherence elastography (OCE) to generate images based on the mechanical properties of tissue, and translational OCT research for image-guided surgery in breast cancer. He earned his PhD in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from The University of Western Australia. Dr. Adie also worked for several years in the R&D division of a startup company that developed solid-state laser systems for LASIK eye surgery.
During 2014, my group has expanded rapidly, adding 7 Masters students (3 BME, 4 ECE) and 2 technical staff members. Our efforts have focused on the development of new imaging capabilities for optical coherence elastography and optical coherence tomography (OCT)-based traction force tomography. I received an invitation to present an Invited Talk in the Computational Imaging session at ECI's Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine, and Surgery XIV in Vail Colorado in June 2015. Through the residual collaboration I have with UIUC (from my former postdoc training), I co-authored 5 journal papers, with one of the papers being highlighted as Feature Of The Week (10/12/14) on the primary news website for the field, OCT News. I also co-authored 3 papers currently under review, including one paper under review at Nature Photonics - this work (on computational imaging of cellular structure in the living human retina) was submitted for presentation at SPIE's Photonics West conference (in February 2015), where the submission has been nominated for the thirteenth Pascal Rol Award for Best Paper on Ophthalmic Technologies (4 finalists from 71 abstracts peer-review by the entire program committee).
- 2013. "Real-time in vivo computed optical interferometric tomography." Nature Photonics 7 (6): 444-48. .
- 2012. "Computational adaptive optics for broadband optical interferometric tomography of biological tissue." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 109 (19): 7175-80. .
- 2011. "In vivo three-dimensional optical coherence elastography." Optics Express 19 (7): 6623-34. .
- 2010. "Spectroscopic optical coherence elastography." Optics Express 18 (25): 25519-34. .
- 2009. "Audio frequency in vivo optical coherence elastography." Physics in Medicine and Biology 54: 3129-3139. .
- BSc (Chemical Physics, with First Class Honors), The University of Western Australia, 1997
- Ph D (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), The University of Western Australia, 2007