Lang Tong joined Cornell University in 1998 where he is now the Irwin and Joan Jacobs Professor in Engineering. Lang Tong is a Fellow of IEEE. He received the 2004 Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society, the 2004 Leonard G. Abraham Prize Paper Award from the IEEE Communications Society, and the 1993 Outstanding Young Author Award from the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He is a coauthor of seven student paper awards including two IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Awards (in 2000 and 2008) for papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. He was named as a 2009 Distinguished Lecturer by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. He was the recipient of the 1996 Young Investigator Award from the Office of Naval Research.
Statistical inference, decisions and, signal processing. Future power energy systems and smart grids. Information security. Wireless communications and information theory.
Statistical signal processing, optimization, power and energy systems.
- 2011. "Malicious Data Attacks on the Smart Grid." IEEE Transactions on Smart Grids 2 (4): 645-658. .
- 2011. "Maximum Throughput Region of Multiuser Cognitive Access of Continous-time Channels." IEEE J. Select in Communications, Special Issue on Advances in Cognitive Radio Networks and Communications 29 (10): 1959-1969. .
- 2009. "Energy Scaling Laws for Distributed Inference in Random Fusion Networks." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications 27 (7): 1203-1217. .
- 2009. "Cognitive Frequency Hopping Based on Interference Prediction: Theory and Experimental Results." ACM SIGMOBILE Mobile Computing and Communications Review 13 (2): 49-61. .
- 2008. "Detection of Information Flows." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 54 (11): 4925-4945. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2010 NSBE-ASC Best Student Paper Award (co-authored paper with B. Jones) (NSBE) 2010
- IEEE Signal Processing Society Distinguished Lecturer (IEEE) 2009
- 2009 IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Award (co-author with A. Anandkumar) (IEEE Signal Processing Society) 2009
- 2006 ICASSP Student Paper Award (co-authored paper with A. Anandkumar) (ICASSP) 2006
- 2006 ICASSP Student Paper Award (co-authored paper with P. Venkitasubramaniam) (ICASSP) 2006
- Ph D (ELECTR & COMMUNICATION ENG), UNIV OF NOTRE DAME, 1990