Dieter G Ast
Dipl.Phys (1966) , Ph.D (1969), Industrial Experience (Thomas J. Watson Research Center, IBM, HP Corporate Laboratories, Palo Alto).
Research specialty: Flat Panel Displays, Flexible Electronics, Advanced Glass substrates for thin film electronics.
Advisory Board Member: Molecular Foundry, Berkeley, CA
Thin Film Electronics, Flat Panel Displays, Glass Substrates for Flat Panel Displays.
Mechanical Properties, Electronic Materials, Metallurgy, Photovoltaics
- 2007. "Investigation of surface mass transport in Al-Si-Ca-oxide glasses via the thermal induced decay of submicron surface gratings." Journal of Applied Physics 101 (2). .
- 2006. "Full Recovery of Electron Damage in Glass at Ambient Temperatures." Phys. Rev. Lett. 96: 205506(1)-205506(4). .
- 2004. "Etch rate and surface morphology of plasma etched glass and glass-ceramic substrates." Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 342 (1-3): 110-115. .
- 2003. "Misfit dislocation interactions observed by cathodoluminescence in InGaAs on off-cut, patterned GaAs." Journal of Applied Physics 94 (3): 1513-1517. .
- 2002. "Resistivity and Hall voltage study of phosphorus segregation in polycrystalline Si1-xGex films." Journal of Applied Physics 92 (1): 168-172. .
- Diploma (Physics), University of Stuttgart, 1966
- Ph D (Materials Science), Cornell University, 1971