Women of ECE
The goal of the Women of ECE group is to build a sense of community for women in the Cornell ECE department at all levels (students, postdocs, faculty) and share relevant information. Once a month we hold a luncheon in 231PH (Location may change) for the group. The Luncheons occur in the first week of each month and we will be rotating the days of the week so everyone has a chance to attend. They are held from 12-1pm.
Examples of Topics of discussions in the meetings:
- How do I get 5 (!) recommendation letters?
- What is the best way to land a good postdoc/industry job?
- How do I solve my two-body issue?
- How do I choose a good project to work on in my postdoc/faculty position in my Ph.D.?
- If I TA during my grad studies will it help me get a faculty job?
- How do I balance my career and family?
- When I negotiate a faculty position or an industry job what kind of a startup/salary should I aim for?
- How do I get a summer internship?
- How do I know what's an interesting job?
- How do I deal with (subtle) sexual harassment? When is it appropriate to speak up?
Important: Funds available for women@ece!
The ECE Women's Conference Travel Grants, Women's Professional Development Grants, and Women's Technical Exposure Grants are funded by a gift from the IBM Corporation, with the goals of assisting in the retention of the current ECE female student population, increasing the presence of female scientists in high-rank ECE related positions both in academia and in industry, as well as in the recruiting of female students pursuing both graduate and undergraduate ECE degrees.
Please download (here) application forms for these 3 grants.
For more information please contact: