Lang Tong joined Cornell University in 1998 where he is now the Irwin and Joan Jacobs Professor in Engineering. Lang Tong is a Fellow of IEEE. He received the 2004 Best Paper Award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society, the 2004 Leonard G. Abraham Prize Paper Award from the IEEE Communications Society, and the 1993 Outstanding Young Author Award from the IEEE Circuits and Systems Society. He is a coauthor of seven student paper awards including two IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Awards (in 2000 and 2008) for papers published in the IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. He was named as a 2009 Distinguished Lecturer by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. He was the recipient of the 1996 Young Investigator Award from the Office of Naval Research.
Statistical inference, decisions and, signal processing. Future power energy systems and smart grids. Information security. Wireless communications and information theory.
Statistical signal processing, optimization, power and energy systems.
- 2014. "Impact of Data Quality on Real-time Locational Marginal Price." IEEE Trans. Power Systems 29 (2): 627-636. .
- 2014. "Polytope Codes Against Adversaries in Networks." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory 60 (6). .
- 2013. "Distributed Learning and Multiaccess of On-Off Channels." IEEE J. Select. Topics on Signal Processing 7 (5). .
- 2011. "Malicious Data Attacks on the Smart Grid." IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid 2 (4): 645-658. .
- 2007. "Decentralized Cognitive MAC for Opportunistic Spectrum Access in Ad Hoc Networks: A POMDP Framework." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications: Special Issue on Adaptive, Spectum Agile and Cognitive Wireless Networks 25 (3): 589-600. .
Selected Awards and Honors
- 2000, 2009 IEEE Signal Processing Society Young Author Best Paper Awards (IEEE Signal Processing Society) 2009
- 2004 IEEE Signal Processing Society Best Paper Award (IEEE) 2004
- 2004 Leonard G. Abraham Prize Paper Award (IEEE Communications Society) 2004
- 1993 IEEE Circuits and Systems Society Outstanding Young Author Award (IEEE) 1993
- ONR Young Investigator Award (Office of Navel Research) 1996
- B. Sc. (Automation), Tsinghua University, 1985
- MS (Electrical Engineering), 1988
- Ph D (ELECTR & COMMUNICATION ENG), UNIV OF NOTRE DAME, 1990
- Post-Doctor Stanford University, 1991