James Richard Shealy
After earning his doctorate, Shealy held a dual appointment at Cornell as a research associate and at General Electric as a principal staff scientist. ln 1983 he co-founded, and has chaired, the biennial international workshop on OMVPE (organometallic vapor phase epitaxy), a technique used for growing semiconductor crystals. He joined the faculty in 1987 and is active in developing Cornell's laboratory research in compound semiconductor materials and related graduate courses. At Cornell he is associated with thc National Nanofabrication Facility, Joint Services Electronics Program, and the DARPA Optoelectronics Technology Center.
Compound Semiconductor Materials for Ultra-High-Speed Transistors (Joint Services Electronics Program)
Advanced Crystal-Growth Techniques for New Semiconductors Using OMVPE (Strategic Defense Initiative Organization-lnnovative Science and Technology)
Selective Deposiion of Optoelectronic Materials with OMVPE (DARPA Optoelectronic Materials Center)
Silicon Device Fundamentals, Micro theory Devices and applications
- 2010. "Performance of AIGaN/GaN High-Electron Mobility Transistors with AISiN Passivation." IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 58 (1): 87-94. .
- 2009. "Influence of Field Plate on the Transient Operation of the AlGaN/GaN HEMT." IEEE Electron Device Letters 30 (5): 436-438. .
- 2009. "Hydrodynamic Simulation of Surface Traps in the AlGaN/GaN HEMT." Microelectronics Journal 40 (3): 410-412. .
- 2008. "Methodology for Small-signal Model Extraction of AlGaNHEMTs." IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices 55 (7): 1603-1613. .
- 2008. "Hydrodynamic Simulation of Surface Traps in the A1GaN/GaN HEMT." Paper presented at Workshop on Recent Advances on Low Dimensional Structures and Devices, April (2nd Quarter/Spring). .
- BS (ELECTR & COMMUNICATION ENG), NORTH CAROLINA STATE, 1978
- MS (ELECTR & COMMUNICATION ENG), RENSSELAER POLYTECH INST, 1980
- Ph D (ELECTR & COMMUNICATION ENG), CORNELL UNIVERSITY, 1983